Here is my way of sharing with all of you the journey I am embarking on in South Africa! None of it would have been possible without the love and support of so many family and friends. I thank you a million times over for making this dream a reality, being a vital part of this chapter of my life and hope you enjoy reading all about this incredible adventure. I carry a little piece of each of you in my heart on this journey of a lifetime!!

Monday, January 24, 2011

A day of respite and the amazing Table Mountain…

First off...I need to give a very special shout out to my Daddy today!  Happy Birthday Dad!  I hope you have an amazing birthday and know that I love you very much!  

Today was a day of healing for me.  My placement had planning meetings and the staff as well as the Dr. suggested that I sleep in here today.  So…I laid low this morning, slept in and tried to rest so that I can start feeling better.  Today is the first day despite everything that I am finally feeling like the antibiotics are truly kicking in.  Thank god!

I ate lunch and then some of the other volunteers and I took a cab to Table Mountain.  Most of us took the cable cars up to the very top and spent some time taking pictures and taking in the landscape of Cape Town.  They are actually trying to get Table Mountain to be voted as one of the new 7 wonders of the world!!!  It should definitely win this competition!  It is absolutely incredible here and the pictures simply leave you speechless.  I could spend days up there!  Hopefully you will think the same when you see some of my pictures.  I can tell you that researching cameras has paid off 100 times over!  I saved up for a camera that has a panoramic sweep option which is allowing me to take some picture perfect scenes to share with all of you.  I am so happy that I went with this camera so I have something to remember this by!

The other really exciting thing is that while I was sporting my Packers t-shirt at Table Mountain today I met a guy who gave told me he liked my shirt!  I started talking to him and found out he is from Manitowoc, Wisconsin!  He is the first person from Wisconsin that I have met down here who actually lives here.  I actually took a picture with him I was so excited!  I guess that means there are at least 2 Packers fans in Cape Town!  Hope you enjoy the blogging!  As always…lots of love from Cape Town!


No comments:

Post a Comment