Here is my way of sharing with all of you the journey I am embarking on in South Africa! None of it would have been possible without the love and support of so many family and friends. I thank you a million times over for making this dream a reality, being a vital part of this chapter of my life and hope you enjoy reading all about this incredible adventure. I carry a little piece of each of you in my heart on this journey of a lifetime!!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Red Eye Part 2!

And I’m off!  I navigated Heathrow, found my Terminal and eventually my gate and safely boarded the plane.  I am halfway there to my final destination.  I can’t believe this is finally happening!  I’ve slept some but am actually taking advantage of watching the movies they are providing.  I’ve watched Eat Pray Love (how fitting), The Social Network and The Town.  You know it’s a long flight when you can watch three movies and still have enough time to sleep.  I’ve also made friends with the person sitting next to me from Cape Town and he has pointed out lots of things to do when I am not volunteering.  Oh my goodness…I am so excited to get there!  Currently it’s night time so I can’t see much of anything out the window and they have darkened the cabin so I doubt they want me looking out the window much.  Guess I should try to get some shut eye while I can…did I mention that I have to religiously brush my teeth and wash my face every few hours???  Yeah…I would feel super gross if I didn’t but I can’t wait to shower and change my clothes.

Okay…I am officially minutes away from Cape Town.  I am currently looking out the window and can see desert followed by very nice homes with pools and then very poor townships.  The aerial view is so unbelievable…it seems crazy to see such polar opposites.  I’m sure I will learn more once I get to the house about what this all means post Apartheid.  Got to go…we are preparing for landing! J Molo Cape Town!

No comments:

Post a Comment