Here is my way of sharing with all of you the journey I am embarking on in South Africa! None of it would have been possible without the love and support of so many family and friends. I thank you a million times over for making this dream a reality, being a vital part of this chapter of my life and hope you enjoy reading all about this incredible adventure. I carry a little piece of each of you in my heart on this journey of a lifetime!!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Questions answered!

Greetings friends!

Some of you have asked a few questions and I thought it would be easiest to answer them with a blog entry!  My backdrop of my blog is an awesome close-up of an elephant.  If you look closely you can see its skin, face and eyelashes.  Seemed fitting for the journey!  It is summer here in Cape Town and it gets hot (lately in the 90's) during the day and very cool at night.  It is customary to dress in layers.  Cape Town also puts the windy city of Chicago to shame.  Chicago has nothing on the wind in Cape Town.  Everyday is a bad hair day and I am coming to terms that I will have crazy hair in every photo or look like I have a Donald Trump onion loaf hair style...not a fan!!!  Perhaps if I start saying..."You're fired!" I might pass for a Trump family member although I doubt that anyone here really knows much about him or the Apprentice for that matter.  If it was Oprah on the other hand I would be a local celebrity!  Casi got me the best hat ever and I wear it almost every day!  Thanks for the amazing hat...I was told I look outdoorsy and ready for a safari!  I'll take it as a compliment!  I am 8 hours ahead of central standard time and if you want my cell phone number to call me, just let me know and I can send it to you!  I think that is it for now!

Enkosi for your questions!

Be well!-M

No comments:

Post a Comment